New Orders from Governor Walz 11-18-20
Restaurants/Bars/Food Courts to Stop In-Person Service Beginning 11:59PM November 20;
Youth & Adult Sports Take a Pause;
New Events Entertainment & Social Gathering Restrictions
At Governor Walz's press conference November 18, he announced many changes he said are designed to address the alarming number of COVID cases in Minnesota and concerns over healthcare capacity.
The Governor is ordering restaurants and bars to be closed for in-person service (both indoor and outdoor) for four weeks until December 18 beginning this Friday (November 20) at 11:59PM. Establishments may remain open for takeout. Food courts in malls will also be closed for in-person service for four weeks. Food courts may remain open for takeout, but the food cannot be consumed at the mall.
Other measures announced include:
- Social gatherings will be limited to your own household (both indoor and outdoor) beginning Friday at 11:59PM.
- Gyms, fitness centers and similar establishments will be closed for four weeks beginning Friday at 11:59PM.
- Entertainment venues and indoor/outdoor seated venues will be closed for four weeks, including bowling alleys, movie theaters, indoor ice rinks, live performance venues, public pools, and swim parks beginning Friday at 11:59PM.
- Organized youth and adult sports will be pausing for four weeks. College and professional sports may continue without spectators beginning Friday at 11:59PM.
- Indoor recreation facilities will be closed for four weeks beginning Friday at 11:59PM.
- Events such as celebrations, receptions and private parties will be paused for four weeks beginning Friday at 11:59PM.
- Religious ceremonies and services may continue.
The Governor also is recommending and discouraging out of state travel, including asking out of state visitors and traveling Minnesotans to quarantine for 14 days.
The following remain open and unchanged:
- General retail open at 100% with COVID precautions including social distancing.
- Churches and worship centers remain open at 50% capacity.
- Salons and other personal care services remain open at 50% capacity.
- Outdoor recreation such as skating and skiing remain open.
- Schools continue to operate under the Safe Learning Plan at the discretion of local school districts.
- Child care providers can remain open.
- Colleges and universities continue to operate under guidance from the State.
No additional state funding for impacted businesses was announced yet. Governor Walz has made an appeal to Congress for immediate funding for all the states
Governor Tim Walz Makes Changes to Covid Guidelines
Retail Capacity Clarified At 100% Customer Capacity With COVID Safety Precautions; Restaurants & Bars To Stop In-Person Service At 10PM; New Wedding & Event Restrictions
(11-10-20) Governor Tim Walz clarified in guidance documents that retailers subject to the 50 percent capacity limitation may now operate at 100 percent capacity under COVID safety precautions. This move recognizes the short time customers are in retail stores and how the industry has created safe shopping environments for customers and employees.
The guidance has been updated on the DEED website: https://mn.gov/covid19/for-minnesotans/stay-safe-mn/stay-safe-plan.jsp and https://mn.gov/deed/newscenter/covid/safework/business/
In-Person Restaurant & Bar Service To Stop At 10PM Beginning Friday, November 13
At today’s press conference (11-10-20), Governor Walz announced several changes he said are designed to address rising COVID case numbers. In addition to more testing sites, the Governor is ordering restaurants across the state to stop in-person service at 10PM. The Governor said that cases linked to restaurants and bars after 10PM are large in number. In addition, games such as pool and darts are no longer allowed (no bar games that require standing are permitted), and bar/counter service is closed. Patrons must be seated.
Also private gatherings are limited to 10 people from no more than three households beginning November 13 at 10PM.
In addition, weddings and related events are dialed back to 50 people beginning November 27 and 25 people after December 11. Overall events currently at 250 capacity will be dialed back to 150.
Proposed Small Business Support
The Governor also proposed $10 million in additional funding for business relief, targeted toward restaurants and bars impacted by today’s changes. According to the Governor this will help 1,000, or more, businesses pay bills and pay workers.
The Governor wants to remind everyone to:
Wear a Face Mask
Wash Your Hands Frequently
Don’t expose yourself to large group settings
Get tested if you’ve come into contact with a person who has Covid
Quarantine yourself for 2 weeks
Local Election Results
Two incumbents will be returning to City Council in January and two new faces will join them. Andrew Klitzke will begin his first term on City Council representing Red Wing Ward 2. Incumbents Evan Brown, Wards 3 & 4 and Kim Beise, Ward 1 will return for another 4 years.
Mike Wilson won the mayoral race with 5,044 votes or 58%. Incumbent Sean Dowse received 3,662 votes. Dowse will leave office after serving one term.
Election results are unofficial until canvassed by local boards. The Red Wing canvassing board meeting is scheduled for 5 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 13.
Red Wing School Board ISD #256
Winners of Other Races
US Senator in Minnesota--Tina Smith (DFL)*
US Representative District 2--Angie Craig (DFL)*
State Senator District 21--Mike Goggin (REP)*
State Representative District 21A--Barb Haley (REP)*
State Representative District 21B--Steve Drazkowski (REP)*
Goodhue County Commissioner District 5--Paul Drotos*
Goodhue County Commissioner District 1--Linda Flanders*
Goodhue School Board ISD #253
Lake City Mayor--Mark Nichols
Lake City City Council
Cindy Mc Grath
Dear Red Wing Business Community,
We realize these are very challenging and unprecedented times for everyone and the situation is fluid. We will do our best to help our business community stay informed with accurate and up to date information and help businesses navigate their way through these challenging times. If you have questions or concerns about your business, please let us know. We will get through this together!
MN DEED is providing masks via Chambers of Commerce throughout the state. The Red Wing Area Chamber of Commerce will distribute FREE masks to all residents and businesses in Goodhue County. If your business needs masks, call or stop into the Chamber and pick some up for your business. Hours are Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM.
Is Your Face Mask Keeping You Safe?—Face Masks vs. Face Shields
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to present an unprecedented and ever-evolving challenge to our communities, our businesses, and our residents. Goodhue County Health & Human Services is working to educate and inform our communities, businesses and residents on the latest information and practices so we all can stay safe and healthy, and our businesses can stay open.
Recently there have been new and unique types of face shields being introduced onto the market. One style, a “Bottom Up” face shield, is being marketed as a type that may be used. This type of shield wraps around the face, usually has some type of chin support, tightens to your ears, but has a large gap between the top of the shield and the forehead. While it is more comfortable and easier to wear for long periods of time, the “Bottom Up” face shield does not provide the necessary protection because of the large gap between the nose and the top of the head.
Goodhue County Health & Human Services recommends face masks (which can include paper or disposable masks, cloth masks, a neck gaiter, a scarf, a bandanna, or a religious face covering) be worn. If wearing a face mask is problematic, it is okay to wear a face shield, however, the shield must extend below the chin and to the ears and there should not be an exposed gap between the forehead and the shield’s headpiece. MDH recommends people use some type of face mask and if they have medical or behavior health issues, to use a face shield that attaches to the top of the head, extends down below the chin and to the ears. If you have questions, please contact David Anderson at 651-385-6148 or by email at email@example.com
Updates from Mayo Clinic Health System Southeast Minnesota—November 24, 2020
Below is the link to the media briefing with Amy Williams, M.D., Dean of Practice on the COVID-19 situation in Mayo’s Midwest communities.
- Testing volumes remain high, but over the weekend went from 5,600 on Friday to 3,220 on Sunday, and today rising again to 3,564. Positivity rates are seeing some slight improvements with Rochester below 10% and our other Midwest sites below 20%, with the exception of SWWI where the percent positivity jumped from around 19% to 26%. We would like to see below 5% positivity rates as anything higher than that indicates community spread.We released a new, unpublished study that underscores the importance of wearing a mask to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus. The findings strongly support the protective value and effectiveness of widespread mask use and maintaining physical distance. The study found that both disposable paper medical masks and two-layer cloth masks are effective in reducing droplet transmission. The study also underscores the importance of social distancing. You can find more details about this study here.
- Our hospital census trends are stable, but remain elevated, stretching our hospitals’ capacities, particularly in the ICUs. In most locations, we have beds available, and we have added beds in Rochester (for both our Medical ICU and general med-surge unit) and converted appropriate spaces to care for patients.
- As of midnight on Tuesday 11/24, 261 Mayo patients were in the hospital with COVID-19 at Mayo locations in the Midwest.
- Mayo Clinic Hospital ― Rochester was caring for 87 patients with COVID-19, including 27 in the ICU. We had several admits overnight. This morning there are 93 patients with 28 in the ICU – illustrating how fluid this situation is.
- The number of COVID-19 patients discharged from our Midwest hospitals as of midnight is 2,083 – yesterday alone, 42 individuals with COVID-19 were dismissed from Midwest hospitals.
- All of our Midwest hospitals are still very, very busy, and the situation is very concerning.
- Across the Midwest, Mayo Clinic currently has approximately 1,433 staff with work restrictions related to COVID-19 exposures, or are unable to work due to a COVID-19 diagnosis. 93% of our staff infections are occurring in the community.
- It is important to note that this represents 2.6% of our 55,000 staff in the Midwest. Our rate of staff exposure is significantly lower than the communities around us.
- It is safe to come to Mayo Clinic for medical care. We urge people to get care if they have an urgent need, please do not delay care, whether it is COVID-19 related or not. Our emergency departments are open and our staff are prepared to care for patients.
- We are bracing for the post-Thanksgiving spike in cases. Please celebrate differently this year; with members of your immediate household only.
- Mayo Clinic’s delivery of bamlanivimab monoclonal antibodies has now arrived and we began treating patients with COVID-19 who have a high risk of hospitalization. The goal with this treatment is to identify individuals who are newly diagnosed and at high-risk of needing to be hospitalized due to underlying risk factors, and to treat them early to avoid the need for hospitalization. The therapy is available in Rochester and the infusion centers at Mayo Clinic Health System in Eau Claire and La Crosse. Planning for other infusion sites across Mayo Clinic Health System is underway.
For more information, visit https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kkrdzk5yf9u7vzd/AABVWDR9Q5LOyaZwhr-q2nzAa?dl=0
Mayo Clinic COVID-19-related news and information is continuously updated on the Mayo Clinic News Network and the Mayo Clinic Health System COVID-19 webpage. If you have questions or would like more information on a particular topic, please email SEMNCE@mayo.edu.
Important updates to note:
- There has been a surge of COVID-19 infections across Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin this fall, including communities served by Mayo Clinic Health System. Some of our locations have activated hospital emergency surge plans to manage the increased number of patients hospitalized with COVID-19 infections. This situation has the potential to overwhelm hospital resources, and impact the availability to provide preventive and emergent care in our communities. With dire news about upward pandemic trends, it may be tempting to believe various theories that you’ve heard about COVID-19. Let’s set the record straight.
- November Community Wellness Challenge--As the weather transitions, it is more difficult to be motivated to focus on your physical and mental wellness. Consider this four-week, self-guided community challenge to help you maintain your overall well-being. Even moderate exercise is a proven way to stay more productive at work, maintain your weight, boost your mood and enhance your overall health. In addition to exercise you are encouraged to complete the daily challenge on the calendar. Challenges focus on one of three areas – mental well-being, exercise and nutrition. It’s not too late to get started – get your November Community Wellness Challenge toolkit today.
- Flu Season--Put Up Your Best Defense--Now, more than ever, it’s important to put up your best defense by scheduling a flu vaccine (recommended for everyone age 6 months or older). With Mayo Clinic Health System it’s easy, self-schedule through Patient Online Services or by phone.
Translated Resources Available: Flu vaccine flyers are now available in a printable PDF for Arabic, Karen, Somali and Spanish and include locations where vaccine is available in your community – email SEMNCE@mayo.edu to get yours today!
COVID-19 Quick Links:
Sign-Up for our COVID-19 Newsletter • Follow us on Facebook • Self-Assessment Tool • Mayo Clinic COVID-19 Map • Mayo Clinic News Network • Mayo Clinic Health System COVID-19 • MN Dept of Health • MN.gov/covid19
For questions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, call 651-297-1304 or 1-800-657-3504 Monday-Friday 8AM--4:30PM
As part of business preparedness plans, the Red Wing Area Chamber of Commerce recommends businesses do the following:
- Maintain at least 6-foot social distance from others.
- Require Customers to wear masks (State Mandate effective July 25, 2020).
- Require Employees to wear masks (State Mandate effective July 25, 2020).
- Frequent hand washing.
- Frequent cleanings of high touch surfaces.
- If you’re sick or feeling symptoms, please isolate yourself and stay home.
- Follow CDC and MDH guidelines.
COVID-19 Updates from MN Department of Health—November 24, 2020
59.7 Million Confirmed COVID-19 Cases Globally; 1.39 Million Deaths
12.4 Million Confirmed COVID-19 Cases United States; 257,309 Deaths
282,916 Confirmed COVID-19 Cases in Minnesota; 3,303 Deaths
1,809 Confirmed COVID-19 Cases in Goodhue County
575 Active Cases
1,208 Released from isolation
79 Requiring hospitalization; 28 cases currently hospitalized
20 admitted to ICU
Statewide Mask Mandate Effective July 25
July 22, 2020, Governor Tim Walz announced Executive Order 20-81. This order requires face coverings in indoor spaces and public buildings including businesses and retail stores, and in similar outdoor settings where social distancing is not possible. This mandate will go into effect on July 25.
Signage will be required at businesses. Retailers will be required to make a reasonable effort to educate non-compliant customers. Retailers will be required to deal with non-compliant customers in a manner similar to how they would deal with any other non-compliant customers relative to store policy.
Any business or other impacted party that blatantly disregards the order will be subject to penalties including up to a $1,000 fine or by imprisonment for not more than 90 days.
Business obligations, what a face covering is, and exemptions can be found here: https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/facecover.html
Impacted businesses are required to update their COVID-19 preparedness plan accordingly. Preparedness Plan Requirement Guidance for retail stores can be found here: https://mn.gov/deed/assets/reopening-minnesotas-consumer-facing-businesses_tcm1045-431883.pdf
Exemptions to the mask mandate include: children under 2 who must never wear masks due to risk of suffocation; children 2-5 are not required to wear face coverings, people with medical or health conditions, strenuous work, and more. (Retailers are not required to verify health conditions.)
With all the changes happening due to increased Covid numbers, we thought it would be helpful to update the operations and hours of our members. This information also goes on our website. If your hours or operations are different than what is listed, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, if your business is not listed and you want to be listed, please send us that information. If your hours change through November and December, please keep us up to date.
Red Wing Area Chamber of Commerce
439 Main Street
Red Wing, MN 55066
Our business is making your business stronger!
Updated Business Operations & Hours as of 11-24-20
Arts & Entertainment, Lodging, Recreation & Tourism
• AmericInn of Red Wing is open for business.
• Anderson Center Galleries and offices are closed to the public.
• Bierstube Bowling is closed. Bierstube Restaurant is open for curbside or Take-out Service Monday -Thursday 11:30-8PM, Fridays 11:30AM-9PM. Closed on Sundays.
• Goodhue County Historical Society is closed to the public.
• Mississippi National Golf Links is closed for the season.
• Moondance Inn is closed.
• Mount Frontenac Golf Course is closed for the season.
• Nichols Inn is open.
• Pottery Museum of Red Wing is closed. The Museum Gift Shop and the Potters Hall Retail Store are open Tuesday-Sunday 10AM-3PM. Face masks are required. Please call 651.327.2220 for more information.
• Red Wing Arts Office & Gallery is open. Hours: Thursdays & Fridays 12PM-4PM; Saturdays 10AM-5PM. If you would like a private appointment to visit, please feel free to call us at 651-388-7569 or email us at email@example.com.
• Red Wing Cinema 8 is closed for movies but will be open Friday's and Saturday's 4-6 PM through December 19th! We will be running a special for buy a gift card in store for $25 dollars or more and receive a free to go popcorn! Or just come on in for some hot and buttery popcorn to go!
• Red Wing Golf Course is closed for the season.
• Red Wing Marina is closed for the season.
• Red Wing Visitor and Convention Bureau is closed until further notice.
• Sheldon Theatre has cancelled or postponed events.
• St. James Hotel is open for guests.
• Treasure Island Resort & Casino is open with limitations. Visit www.ticasino.com for more information about the return of additional amenities and what we are doing to keep our guests and team members safe.
Beauty, Health & Wellness
• Chris' Cuts is Open.
• Essential Chiropractic is open Monday-Friday and accepting new patients. Exam special $29 through November. Call 651-388-8113.
• Ethos is closed.
• Every Day Pilates is closed.
• Fusion Dance studio is closed, but classes have been moved online for students.
•Indigo Salon is open Tuesday & Wednesday 8:30AM-5:30PM, Thursday 9AM-7PM, Friday 8:30AM-5PM, Saturday 8AM-3PM. Closed Sunday & Monday.
•Innovative Chiropractic is open.
• Mike’s Barber Shop is open by Appointment only. https://booking.appointy.com/mikesbarbershop link will bring you to the booking website.
• Pearle Vision is open Monday through Thursday from 8AM-7PM and Friday 8AM-6PM. Call for appointments at 651-388-3838.
• Potter Ridge Assisted Living is open via virtual tours and currently has openings. Call (651) 388-1546.
• Refined Skin Medi-Spa is open by appointment only for Permanent Cosmetics Monday-Saturday, and for Skin Care/Injections on Tuesdays & Wednesdays. Call 651-388-9855 to schedule.
• River Blu Salon DaySpa is Open Monday – Saturday, Closed on Sundays.
• S.W.A.T. ~ Salon With A Twist is Open Monday – Thursday 9AM-7PM, Friday 9AM-6:30PM, Saturday 8AM-4PM, Closed on Sunday.
• TC Orthodontics is Open.
• The Enhanced Image is Open.
• Women’s Fitness Center is closed.
Employment Service, Financial, Insurance, Legal and Real Estate
• Alliance Bank lobby is closed. The drive thru is open M-F, 8AM – 5PM. Mobile and online banking are also available. Please call 651-388-6001 for assistance.
• Associated Bank is open, the lobby is by appointment only and the drive-thru is open during regular hours.
• Brandon Markoe Agency, State Farm is available via phone, text, or email. If you need to visit them, please call first.
• CCF Bank’s lobby is closed until further notice. They have their drive thru available. Utilize alternative banking options such as online banking, mobile banking, mobile deposit, night depository, and ATM. Their local branch is available at 651-267-3941.
• Collins Wealth Management is holding appointments remotely and can be reached at 651-385-2209.
• Courtier Agency, LLC is open 7 days per week, 9AM-8PM. Call 651-388-8301 for information.
• Discovery Financial is open with full staff in the office. At this time, we have updated our policy to offering phone or video conference appointments. Please call 651-388-9594.
• Edina Realty is open M-TH 9AM-3:30PM, Friday 9AM-3PM; all other times by appointment.
• Edward Jones, all offices are open, and are also holding appointments over the phone or virtually, based on the clients wishes. They are offering weekly Market Update webinars. Call 651-800-2032 to register for Michael Hosfeld or 651-212-6682 for Matt Theis.
• Excel Financial physical offices in Red Wing and Hastings are closed. Operations are being conducted remotely. If you need assistance, please call 651-388-6441.
• Exit Realty is open. Please call 388-2122 for appointments.
• Express Employment is open with call in interviews.
• First Farmers & Merchants Bank’s Lobby is closed to customers. Drive-thru services will remain open Monday-Friday 7:30AM-6PM and 8AM-Noon on Saturdays.
• FMS Insurance is holding all appointments over the phone or web conferencing. Call 651-388-2743 or 1-866-571-2206.
• Gregory Roe-Thrivent in the Armory Mall is available Monday-Friday 9AM-3:30PM. They are taking in-person appointments, Zoom appointments and phone appointments. Please call 651-385-0155 or email RoeTeam@thrivent.com.
• Heritage Title is open daily 9AM-5PM. Entrance to lobby is by appointment only.
• Knight Barry Title is open by appointment. Only necessary signors should attend closings.
• Lawrence Realty is open 9-5PM Monday-Friday. Saturday’s are by appointment only. Please call 651-388-4745 for appointments.
• Merchants Bank lobby is temporarily closed. Drive thru is open.
• Musty-Barnhart is open for business and is available Monday-Friday 8AM-4:30PM. They are taking in-person appointments, Zoom appointments and phone appointments. Call them at 651-388-7128.
• National Insurance Brokers-Simonson Agency is open to meet by appointment in person, Via Zoom, or by phone. Please call for appointments at 651-327-2760.
• North Risk Partners is open to the public. Please stay in lobby until you’re called for your appointment.
• Northwestern Mutual-Mitch McNeil is working 100% remote. All meetings are phone or via Zoom until further notice.
• Red Wing Credit Union is open.
• River Town Financial Associates of Thrivent-Larry Hawe and Corey Hawe are open but will still meet with people via phone or virtually if that’s their comfort level. Call 651-327-2955 for appointments.
• Smith, Schafer & Associates is open Monday-Thursday 8AM-5PM, Friday’s 8AM-Noon.
• Sorensen Flexible Benefits, Ltd. and Sorensen’s AdvisorSquare Financial are open Monday-Friday at 318 Plum Street. Call for appointments at 651-388-7103.
• Wells Fargo Bank Lobby is open, bankers by appointment only. Social distancing and mask requirements in place as well as limited numbers allowed in the branch. Hours are M-F, 9AM-5PM and 9AM-Noon on Saturdays. All digital options available.
• American Legion Leo C. Peterson Post 54 is closed until November 30, 2020.
• CARE Clinic--please call 651-388-1022 before coming to the clinic. Many medical needs can be met through a phone consultation (including medication refills). The dental clinic is now open four days a week for preventive, restorative and urgent care. MNsure enrollment assistance is offered Monday through Thursday.
• City of Red Wing Offices are closed to the public but will be maintaining services.
• First Choice Clinic has resumed offering pregnancy tests and ultrasounds. Anyone requesting medical or material services must call 651-267-4357 and be pre-screened for COVID-19 and schedule an appointment or pick up time. No walk-ins are allowed. First Choice is offering emergency supplies (prenatal vitamins, car seats for newborns leaving the hospital, diapers, baby wipes, formula) while supplies last. Open to the community, not just clients. You can also call to join one of our virtual groups (parenting, pregnant moms, etc.), or do one Sexual Integrity virtual session and receive a $25 Wal-Mart gift card.
• Hispanic Outreach offices are temporarily closed, but staff are working remotely, continuing to deliver services by phone, messaging and other remote methods.
• HOPE Coalition Programs will be providing services via phone. Kids Count Open M-F, 9AM-5PM Red Wing 651-380-8627; Cannon Falls 651-764-0038. Sexual Assault Services--24 Hour Crisis & Support line 1-800-519-6690. Domestic Violence and Legal Advocacy Outreach--24 Hour Crisis & Support Line 1-800-369-5214. Haven of Hope Domestic Violence Shelter--24 Hour Crisis & Support Line 1-800-369-5214. Community Care Fund and Housing Support Services--Tues-Friday 1PM-4PM, call 651-388-9360 ext. 2 or 651-380-0609. Please leave messages outside of service times. Donations needed: disinfectant and cleaning supplies, hand sanitizer, spray bottles, gloves, and masks. Please call 1-800-369-5214.
•Kids Junction is open and will provide care from 6 AM-6 PM Monday Through Friday. They will offer free breakfast, lunch, snack, social distancing, and help with distance learning. Contact Justin Plein at firstname.lastname@example.org to register or obtain information about additional eligibility requirements, costs, locations, and times for Kids Junction.
• Lake Pepin Legacy Alliance is open.
• Minnesota State College Southeast is open Monday-Thursday 6:15AM-10PM Friday 6:15AM-6PM.
• ProAct continues to operate with a reduced staff with plans to be fully operational as soon as possible. Staff is available to answer questions by calling 651-327-5610 M-Th 7AM-4PM. and Fridays 7AM-1:30PM
• Red Cross Blood Drives are still in high demand of needing blood. Blood donation is a safe process and people should not hesitate to give and receive blood. For more information, visit www.redcross.org.
• Red Wing Area Chamber of Commerce is open. However, our lobby is limited to 3 people. Stay up to date by visiting www.redwingchamber.com or our Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/redwingchamber
• Red Wing Area Food Shelf is open Tuesdays & Thursdays, 4-6PM; Fridays 11AM-1PM. Stay in your car, they will bring the food to you.
• Red Wing Area Seniors, Pier 55 Gift shop is open. Mondays & Wednesdays, 9AM-4PM, Fridays 9AM-2PM. For medical equipment lending, please call 651-327-2255 or email email@example.com to set up an appointment.
• Red Wing Collectors Society office will only be open Tuesdays - Thursdays, 8:30AM-5:00PM. The office will continue to operate remotely during this time with the phones being manned on Wednesdays from 1PM-4PM. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call or txt 651-388-4004 with any questions.
• Red Wing Community Education & Recreation office is open. Business hours are Monday - Thursday, 8AM-Noon. Please wear a mask, we have hand sanitizer for your use. Social distancing is important.
• Red Wing Elks Lodge #845 is open for take-out meals from 4:30-6:30PM. Call 651-388-5862 for menu.
• Red Wing Family YMCA is open 4:30AM-7PM. Childcare for essential workers is still available. KPC-Kids Power Club, is also available. Wellness center and fitness classes are open to members. Pool is open with limited space. Locker rooms, child watch, hot tub and sauna are still unavailable. Please call 651-388-4724 for details, questions, or comments.
• Red Wing HRA offices are closed to the public. Appointments can be made by calling 651-388-7571. HRA is conducting business through email, mail, and phone calls. Maintenance is still cleaning Jordan Towers and only performing emergency work orders for residents to limit time in resident’s units. Semcac dining will deliver meals to residents’ doors if they sign up for meals, there is no dining for lunch.
• Red Wing Ignite is open to current tenants. The building continues to be closed to the general public but access is available as needed to meet with tenants and staff. Any questions about access to the building should be sent to email@example.com or 651-327-2154.
• Red Wing Public Library will be stopping all browsing appointments to limit the traffic within the library. They are continuing curbside pickup and extending our curbside hours to Monday thru Saturday. Please call 651-385-3673 for more information.
• Red Wing Youth Outreach is accepting applications for emergency financial assistance for families. They have hygiene supplies, diapers, and baby wipes (limited amount) for clients. They are working on moving all Independent Living Skills Groups, Youth Advisory Council Groups, Young Mom's Group and Mentoring Sessions online. Their office is closed to the public except by appointment. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any services or questions. For immediate needs, please call 651-468-5677. If you are in a crisis and unsure who to call, call 211 to learn about resources available.
• River Bluff Humane Society is open by appointment only. Call 651-388-5286 to set up appointments.
• United Way Office is open M-F, 8AM-5PM.
• Workforce Development, Inc. is open M-F, 8AM-4:30PM by providing services via phone, email, and mail. As a reminder their office does not handle unemployment benefits and the State doesn’t provide any unemployment staff in the CareerForce office in Red Wing; it is all done online and over the phone. For unemployment insurance call 651-296-3644 or visit www.uimn.org. Please be patient as callers may be on hold a long time.
• Andy’s Sports Bar & Grill is open for Take-out and delivery Tuesday-Saturday 11AM-10PM. Closed Sunday & Mondays. To order call 651.-388-4471.
• Applebee's is open.
• Bayside Saloon & Steakhouse is open Monday – Saturday 11AM-9PM, Sunday Noon-9PM.
• Bev's Café is open Monday-Saturday for Take-out 7AM-3PM and closed on Sundays.
• Bierstube is open for Take-out Monday-Thursday & Saturday 11:30AM-8PM, Friday 11:30AM-9PM, Closed on Sundays.
• Chickadee Cottage Café is closed for the season.
• Clara's Gifts & Coffee in the St. James Hotel is closed. Scarlet Kitchen & Bar is open. The St. James Hotel is open for hotel guests.
• Culver’s is open 7 Days a week 10AM-10PM.
• Dairy Queen drive-thru window is open 11AM-8PM. Cakes may be picked up in store.
• Falconer Vineyards & Winery is open for wine pick up only on Saturdays and Sundays Noon-5PM. Call 651-388-8849 to order or shop online at http://www.falconervineyards.com/
• Fiesta Mexicana is open for Take-out and Curbside Service Monday-Sunday, 11AM-8PM.
• Hanisch Bakery & Coffee Shop is open with a limit of 8 customers in the store. Bakery Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 7AM-4PM, Coffee Shop Hours: 7AM-2PM, NO DINE IN. Take out, Curbside Service and Delivery are available. Closed Sundays & Mondays.
• Harbor Restaurant-Bar-Marina is open daily.
• Hay Creek Valley Campground & Saloon (Dressen’s Saloon) restaurant and bar is open for take-out, Mondays 11AM-6PM, Tuesday -Thursday 11AM–8PM, Friday & Saturdays 11AM-10PM & Sundays 11AM-7PM.
• Jimmy's Pub at the St. James Hotel is closed. Scarlet Kitchen & Bar is open for curbside and Take-out. St. James Hotel is open for hotel guests.
•Kelly's Tap House & Grill is open 10AM-2AM, 7 days/week.
•LaMexicana Market and Restaurant is open Monday-Saturday 11:30AM-8PM.
• Let Me Cheese U is open Monday-Saturday 11AM-9PM and Sundays 11AM-8PM. Delivery available 11AM-2PM & 5PM-8PM.
• Liberty’s Restaurant & Lounge is open Sunday-Thursday 8AM-10PM, Friday & Saturdays 8AM-11PM.
• Mandy's Coffee and Cafe is open Monday-Saturday 7AM-3PM for Take-out and Curbside Service.
• Marie’s Underground Grill & Tap House is open Tuesday–Thursday 11AM-8PM, Friday & Saturday 11AM-9PM. Closed on Thanksgiving.
• McDonald’s drive-thru is open.
• Meatheads Meats & Deli is open with take-out available from 9AM-6PM—Monday-Saturday and 10AM-2PM on Sundays. Lunch is available 11AM-2PM, take out only.
• Nineteen Bar+Grill is closed until Spring of 2021.
• Perkins Restaurant & Bakery is open for take-out and Curbside service every day 5AM to 10PM.
• Randys is open, drive thru only. Sunday-Tuesday 7AM-8PM, Wednesday-Friday 7AM-9PM.
• Red Wing Brewery is open for pick up services. Call in your orders to 651-327-2200 and they'll have it ready for pickup if you prefer. Closed Mondays.
• Staghead Gastropub is open for curbside and take-out.
• Stockholm Pie’s Pie Plate Café & Red Wing General Store is open for take-out and curbside service 11AM-5PM every day.
• The Port Restaurant at the St. James Hotel is closed. The Scarlet Kitchen & Bar is open for curbside and take-out service. St. James Hotel is open for hotel guests.
• The Scarlet Kitchen & Bar in the St. James Hotel is open for curbside & takeout 7AM-8PM. To order please call (651) 385-5544.
• The Smokin’ Oak Rotisserie and Grill is open for curbside and take-out Tuesday-Thursday 3-9PM, Friday-Sunday Noon-10PM. 651-385-9866 (Yumm)
• Warm Toasties Food Truck is closed for the season.
• Wiederholt’s Supper Club is open for Take-out 4PM-8:30PM.
• Winger Nutrition is Open Monday-Friday 7AM-2PM.
• 203 Plum Crazy is open Tuesday-Saturday, 10AM-5PM, Sundays Noon-4PM, closed Mondays.
• Annadee’s Closet is open Tuesdays & Wednesdays 10AM-4PM and Fridays & Saturdays 10AM-2PM for donations and shopping. Phone 388-7031. They have free scrubs for all area healthcare workers.
• Boxrud's Resale & Gifts/Jump The Broom Wedding Consignments is open Monday-Friday 10AM-5PM, Saturday 10AM-4PM, Sunday 11AM-4PM.
• Buchanan Grocery is open Monday-Friday 10AM-6PM, Saturday 9AM-5PM. Sunday closed.
• Carlson's Sport Center is open Monday-Friday, 10AM-4PM.
• Clementine Florist is open Tuesday-Saturday 10AM-5PM. We offer curbside pick-up and delivery. We’re ready to help you with birthday, anniversary, funerals, just because, wedding flowers and our $10 mini vases. To order, call 651-800-2060. We’re located at 406 Main Street in the lobby of the St. James Hotel.
• Cut Above Home (Red Wing) is open Monday–Friday 10AM-5PM, Saturdays 10AM-3PM and closed on Sundays.
• DeLeon Jewelers is Open Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM, Saturday 9AM-4PM. Thursday’s open until 6PM.
• Duluth Trading Company is open 10AM-6PM and offers curbside pickup.
• Fair Trade Books is open Monday-Sunday, 9AM-5PM. They offer curbside pickup and have reconfigured the bookstore to facilitate social distancing. Call 651-800-2030 or email email@example.com for more information.
• Family Fare is open 6AM-10PM, 7 days per week.
• Go Brazen is Open 10AM-4PM. Call 651-764-2561.
• Hallstrom's Florist & Sweet Shoppe is open Monday-Saturday 10AM-4PM. They are doing deliveries, or curbside pickup, call 651-388-7178. We’re happy to assist with special requests.
• Hobgoblin Music/Stoney End Harps is open.
• House Ford Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram is open. Sales: Monday-Thursday 8:30AM-7PM Friday-Saturday 8:30AM-6PM; Parts & Service: Monday-Friday 7:30AM-5PM, Saturday 7:30AM-Noon.
• Famous Footwear is open Monday-Saturday 10AM-6PM, Sunday’s Noon-6PM
•Josephson's Clothing is open Monday – Saturday 9-4PM, Thursdays 9-6PM. Closed on Sundays.
•Koplin’s Village Market Hours, Monday–Saturday 8AM-6:30PM, Sunday–9AM–6PM
• Malmquist Home Furnishings is open M-F, 9AM-6PM and 9AM-1PM Saturdays.
• MGM Liquor Warehouse is open Monday – Saturday 8AM-10PM and Sunday 11AM-6PM. They also have curbside service and delivery available.
• Norwex – Terri Cook is open. Call or text Terri Cook at 651-380-6764 to order and arrange delivery.
• Oxheart Farm is a member of the Red Wing Area Farmer's Market. They’re located in Hager City and raise vegetables, meat and eggs. They have a CSA membership program where you can sign up for a weekly box of veggies. Call 651-380-6988 for more information.
• Phileo Style is open Monday-Saturday 10AM-6PM.
• Red Wing Ace Hardware is open Monday-Friday 7:30AM-7PM, Saturday 8AM-5PM, Sunday 9AM-4PM.
• Red Wing Bicycle Co. & Outfitter is open. Store hours are Tues-Friday 10AM-6PM, Saturday 9AM-4PM.
• Red Wing Chevrolet is open Sales- Mon-Thurs 8:30AM-8PM; Fri 8:30AM-6PM Sat 8:30AM-5PM. Service & Parts are open Mon-Fri 7:30AM-5PM. Sat 8:30AM-Noon.
• Red Wing Confectionery is open 7 days per week,10AM-6PM. They offer curbside and alley side service. To place your order, call 651-212-3568.
• Red Wing Farmers Market will be open for drive thru only for the month of November https://www.localline.ca/red-wing-farmers-market with ONE in-person market planned for December 5th at Sargent’s Nursery 9-12.
• Red Wing Olive Oils is open Mon-Sat, 10AM-6PM.
• Red Wing Restyle & Tootsie Too's is open, Tuesday - Friday 10AM-5PM Saturday 9AM-3PM.
• Red Wing Shoe Store is open Monday-Friday 9AM-8PM, Saturdays 9AM-6PM and Sundays 11AM-5PM.
• Red Wing Valvoline is open Monday through Saturday, 9AM-4PM.
• River City Carpet One is open Monday-Thursday 9AM-6PM, Friday 9AM-5PM, Saturday 9AM-1PM.
• River Valley Power and Sport is open normal business hours. Their expert team is available by phone, email and online. They are now offering private showings and virtual appointments at all locations.
• Runnings in Red Wing is open 9AM-6PM. Please follow their social media @myrunnings for updates.
• Salvation Army is open Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday 10AM-4:30PM. Drop offs are still by appointment only.
• Sammons Beds-N-More is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Fridays 10AM-6PM; Wednesdays & Saturdays 10AM-5PM. Please call 651-388-4432 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
• Sargent's Nursery Greenhouse, Garden Center and Landscape center are fully open. Visit www.sargentsnursery.com or Facebook for updates on hours. They offer curb-side pick-up and delivery.
• Sherwin-Williams is open 7AM-7PM, Monday-Friday, 8AM-5PM Saturdays, 10AM-4PM Sundays .We will still offer curbside pickup for customers who prefer to call in their orders at 388-8278.
• Simple Abundance is open Mon-Fri 10AM-5PM, Saturday 9AM-4PM, indoor shopping every day and curbside service.
• Slumberland of Red Wing is open Mondays-Saturdays 10AM-6PM, Sundays 11AM-5PM.
• Red Wing Target is open 8AM-9PM. They reserve the first hour of shopping each Tuesday & Wednesday for vulnerable guests including those over 65; pregnant women; and those with health issues. Target will maintain limits on select products.
• The Creative Hand is Open Tues-Friday 10AM-3PM for walk in traffic. Appointments for private shopping available to the elderly and immune compromised. Curbside, Contact-less Pickup and Shipping. Orders/Questions can be placed by phone 651-212-6629, email or Facebook.
• The Market Home + Design is open M-F 10AM-6PM, Saturdays 10AM-2PM, closed Sundays.
• Tree Strings is open by appointment only. Text email@example.com or call (651) 388-6530 and they will set up a time to meet with you.
• Uffda Shop is open for on-line, mail and phone orders. Curbside pick-up or Priority Mail is available. To shop 24/7 go to www.UffdaShopOnline.com.
• Vestiges is open Wednesday-Saturday 10AM-5PM and Sundays 11AM-4PM. They also now offer online shopping at www.vestigesonline.com. Closed Mondays & Tuesdays.
• Walmart is open from 7AM-8:30PM every day.
• Wanshura Jewelers is open Tuesday-Saturday 9AM-3PM.
• West End Liquor is open Monday-Friday 9AM-10PM, Saturday 8AM-10PM and Sunday 11AM-4PM and have curbside pickup.
• West End Sports Center is open normal hours for marine parts, accessories, boat and outboard repairs.
• Whimsy's Closet is closed until December 8, 2020.
• Wireless World is open Monday-Friday, 9AM-7PM; Saturdays 10AM-4PM and Sundays Noon-4PM. You can reserve any device and accessories online at www.wirelessworld.com and pick up curbside at the store. The My Verizon app gives you online access to just about everything you might need.
• Wise Penny is open Monday–Saturday Noon-4PM. Donations are being accepted.
• 1 Source Office and Facility Supply is open and supplying products including FDA certified masks, PPE and hand sanitizer for businesses including the State of MN, DHS, Prisons, Cities and Counties and deliveries are on-time. Visit https://callfirstsource.com for more information.
• All Creatures Veterinary Clinic is open M-F, 8AM-5PM for all of your pet needs. Call 651-388-7168. We offer safe curbside service for all your pet needs.
• Allegra Marketing Print Mail’s lobby is open 9AM-4PM. We are limiting the lobby to 2 customers at a time and masks are required. Please call 651-388-1111 to make an appointment outside of these hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Anchor Promotions, Apparel & Signage is open.
• Bella Casa Design Studio is open, but encourages appointments. Please call 651-388-0307.
• Black Dog Animal Hospital is open M-F, 8AM-5PM. If you have a prescription refill request and are a current client, you can use our prescription refill request email at email@example.com. Call us at 651-327-2700.
• Bluffs Pet Clinic is open Monday-Friday 8:30AM-5:30PM.
• Chandler Roofing & Construction is open 8:30AM-4:30PM. Drop Box is outside for payments and paperwork.
• Clear Spring Farm is open by appointment only, call 651-212-8099.
• Computers on the Go is Open by appointment, 8AM-5PM. Call 651-327-2022 or 612-282-2604 for assistance.
• Culligan Water of Red Wing is open for service, products and delivery Mon-Fri 8AM-4:30PM and they’re available for emergencies 24/7.
• Falk Auto Body is open. You can also call for an estimate and they will come to you. They have a key drop box and can pick up or drop off your vehicle for estimates, repairs or upon completion.
• Fernbrook Family Center is Open and providing services. They have implemented telemedicine as an online option for patients. Call 612-212-7429 for more information.
• Helmer Printing is open and has everything you might be needing including outdoor signage, disposable products, masks, menus, products/services lists, social distancing floor decals and more. Please call Pam Deutsch with any questions at 715-273-2113 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Hiawathaland Transit is providing public transit through Dial-A-Ride only. The hours of service are:
Faribault – Monday – Friday 6am – 6pm / Saturday 12pm – 5pm
Northfield - Monday – Friday 6am – 6pm / Saturday 7am – 5pm
Red Wing - Monday – Friday 4:30am –9pm / Saturday & Sunday 7am – 5pm
Riders wishing to access Hiawathaland public transit services must call dispatch at 866-623-7505 x1 to schedule their ride with one of our dispatch team members. Riders can schedule up to 6 days in advance or on the same day. Fares will be $1.25 per ride, and monthly route passes will be honored during this time.
• Kevin’s Service is open. Pump #3 offers full service for your vehicle.
• License Center is open Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM.
• Midway Auto is Open M-F, 8AM-5PM, Saturday 8AM-Noon and 24 hours for service calls or towing.
• Mississippi Welders Supply is open Monday-Friday 7AM-4PM. Curbside pickup is still available.
• Moment to Moment Healing Alternatives is open. I am meeting with clients via the use of phone and/or TeleHealth services. These services include conducting alcohol/drug assessments, individual alcohol/drug counseling and Therapeutic Coaching®. Email email@example.com for more info.
• New Image Siding & Windows is open normal hours M-F. They are taking appointments, providing estimates, and working on projects while taking the necessary precautions to stay healthy. Phone is 651-345-2542.
• Pestop/Hay Creek Lawn & Power is open. They have installed a drop box outside of their shop at 2040 Neal Street for customers to drop off any correspondence.
• QMEDIA offices are closed to outside visitors. Please call 651-388-7151 for appointments.
• Red Wing Coin Laundry is open. They have pickup, delivery, and curb side service available.
• Red Wing Glass is open Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM.
• Red Wing Republican Eagle/RiverTown Multimedia has limited office hours and staff are working remotely. Call 800-284-3402 for circulation or membership issues or firstname.lastname@example.org with news.
• Ripley's Rental & Sales are open Monday – Friday 8AM-5PM, Saturday’s 8AM-Noon, & Sunday’s 11AM-11:15AM for rental returns.
• River Bluff Humane Society is Open by appointment only. We are doing adoptions, taking in strays, and dealing with impounds. Our food shelf will also be open by appt. only if people need pet food. Please call us at 651-388-5286 if you have any questions.
• River City Car Wash is Open 24/7.
• Riverside Automotive is open and offering, as always, free pick-up and delivery as well as no contact (key drop off, phone, text, email communication).
• RWC Tech Solutions is open 9AM-5PM Monday-Friday, using social distance precautions. We are offering on-site and remote services. Our phone lines are open 8AM-9PM Monday-Sunday. Call 651-388-1480 or visit www.rwctechsolutions.com.
• Ryan Glass is open at new location, 1041 Featherstone Road.
• Sievers Creative is open and able to assist anyone via email, phone and videoconferencing. They are helping many clients with their communication needs. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
• Smith Heating is Open.
• StarTech Computing is open. Please call 888-385-0607 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Suburban Portables is open for business. Call 651-388-5201 for more information.
• Tipp-Topp Detailing is open. Call them at 651-212-6722 or send a message. They have FREE local pickup and delivery.
• Train of 89 Keys Locksmith is open by appointment.
• Under the Rainbow Daycare & Early Education Center is open M-F, 5:30AM-6PM. They have openings. Call 651-388-6433 for information.
• Wentz Accounting & Tax Services is open. Please call 651-800-2200 for appointments.
• Wilson Oil is closed to Walk in customers until further notice.
If your business isn't on this list, please contact the Chamber office at 651-388-4719 or email email@example.com and we will add your information. Also, if your information has changed, please let us know.
Business Resources for COVID-19
Your Chamber has compiled a set of links to reputable information resources for COVID-19 awareness. MN Chamber has assembled a great guide to assist with getting back to work and best practices dealing with COVID. Visit https://www.mnchamber.com/blog/covid-19-prevention-best-practices.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
CDC recommended guidance for employers, including advice for developing a response plan and steps that all employers can implement now.
Goodhue County Public Health
Find prevention information.
MN Chamber of Commerce
The Minnesota Chamber of Commerce's resources include topics such as: Keeping Workplaces Safe and Healthy; Accommodating Employees; and Economic Impacts.
MN Retailers Association
The Minnesota Retailers Association has launched a resource page for retailers on their website relating to COVID-19. Visit the page at https://www.mnretail.org/covid-19 for frequent state, local and federal updates as well as links to resources.
U.S. Small Business Administration
The U.S. Small Business Administration is offering designated states and territories low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
MN Department of Health
Prevention and preparation strategies for businesses and employers, as well as schools and daycares.
How to Handle COVID-19 in Goodhue County
Continue to monitor Goodhue County News Flash (Click here to subscribe)
Continue to follow the best practices CDC, MDH, and your specific state and national partners are providing during this evolving process.
Continue to monitor the Situation Update for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)- Minnesota Case Information
Continue following Guidance for All Minnesotans- Strategies to Slow the Spread of COVID-19 in Minnesota
Having positive confirmed cases means we need to watch for symptoms and screen individuals. We still continue providing services.
Screen people for cough, fever over 100.4 degrees, and shortness of breath. Send ill individuals home and have them call their health provider only if symptoms continue getting worse and they need medical care. A positive test result is not needed to follow these same best practices.
For COVID-19 testing, patients must call their provider to be assessed. They will be directed to the next step that is appropriate for their symptoms. If a person has a sudden change in their health such as sudden onset of chest pain, difficulty breathing etc., call 911. Otherwise, call the local clinic.
For General Public follow the CDC Interim Guidance for Risk Assessment and Public Health Management of Persons with Potential COVID-19 Exposures: Geographic Risk and Contacts of Laboratory - Confirmed Cases
For Healthcare Personnel Exposures follow the CDC Interim U.S. Guidance for Risk Assessment and Public Health Management of Healthcare Personnel with Potential Exposure in a Healthcare Setting to Patients with Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
Understand that we are not able to share private health care results, isolation and quarantine information, or specific patient address with others as this is protected health information.
SUPPORT, PROTECT, and GUIDE OTHERS
Be compassionate toward any person that discloses their diagnosed or undiagnosed COVID-19 status. Help support them to stay at home so that they can get well. If you notice threatening behaviors or feel these persons are in a risky situation or are being targeted either online or in person, seek help from local law enforcement. Viruses Don’t Discriminate!
Provide Care for Self and Others.
Be mindful of scams regarding isolation and quarantine services. Goodhue County Health and Human Services and the Minnesota Department of Health staff will always identify themselves and be able to provide proper official employee identification and contact information during any home or in-person visits.
Reach out to your community contacts and service populations, especially youth and young adults, that this disease can impact any age group. We also need healthy youth and adults to stay home to protect all of us, but especially health care workers, older adults, and people living with underlying medical conditions. The sooner we all do this the quicker this disease will slow down and we can return to our new normal.
Use and refer others to COVID-19 Hotlines:
MDH Health Questions 651-201-3920 or 1-800-657-3903 (Currently Open 7 AM to 7 PM)
MDH School and Child Care Questions 651-297-1304 or 1-8000-657-3504 (Currently Open 7 AM to 7 PM)
Please share/refer community members to resources about COVID-19 in other languages.
Enfermedad del Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) (Spanish)
COVID-19 PSA in American Sign Language (ASL)
2019 Novel Coronavirus (Hmong)
Koronafayraska Cusub ee 2019 (Somali)
Reminder for Individuals in Need to Utilize United Way’s 211 Resource Helpline Service
In addition to the COVID-19 Response and Recovery Fund, the United Way’s 211 resource helpline continues to be available 24/7 for people in need. Certified Community Resource Specialists make referrals for COVID-19 specific resources as well as local resources such as food access, financial assistance, childcare, housing, rent and other essential services. For help, dial 211, text “MNCOVID” to 898-211 or chat online at 211unitedway.org (this helpline is confidential and multilingual). Or visit www.211unitedway.org and enter your zip code to find help in your area.
City of Red Wing Updates
All City of Red Wing offices have been closed to the public since March 17th to reduce community transmission of COVID-19, though staff has continued to work in the buildings during the public closure.
The Public Works office is shortening their office hours by one hour. Staff will be available to assist callers and answer emails from 8AM–4PM, Monday through Friday. You can reach our Public Work office at 651-385-3674. If your call is not answered immediately it is because our staff is assisting another caller. Please leave a message and your call will be returned as quickly as possible.
The Solid Waste Campus office hours will remain the same. Staff are available to assist over the phone or by email from 9AM AM to 5PM, Monday through Friday.
All parks will remain open for outdoor enjoyment and exercise. Equipment is not being sanitized.
The Red Wing Public Library offers browsing appointments Mondays & Wednesdays 10AM-Noon and 3-5PM, Fridays & Saturdays 10AM-Noon. Computer & Copier appointments are available Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays 10:30AM-4:30PM, Saturdays 10AM-Noon, for 55 minutes each. To book appointments visit https://redwing.lib.mn.us/ for more information and details. You'll need to wear a mask while you're in the building, but no worries, if you don't have one of your own, just ask us for one. We're limited to 10 people inside the building at any one time, so make sure you choose a time that will accommodate everyone you plan to bring with you. And, of course, curbside pickup is available for everyone who places holds, call 651-385-3645. If you need assistance downloading eBooks to a Kindle, or have other questions, we will be responding to phone messages between the hours of 9AM and 5PM, Monday through Friday, for the duration of the closure. You may also send questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sheldon Theatre box office is closed, but patrons can still reach us by email at email@example.com to return or donate tickets to shows that were postponed due to COVID-19.
Permits & License Permits will be issued and building inspections will still be conducted as needed.
The Fire Department will continue to operate and respond to all emergencies. We have contingent plans in place for personnel and personal protective equipment. Before sending our crews to a call, dispatch will ask a series of questions to determine if our responders need to don equipment to protect against exposure to COVID-19. Please answer all of the dispatcher’s questions and continue to call 9-1-1 if an emergency response is needed.
Residential Curbside & Commercial Waste Collection will continue weekly. There will be no interruption to your current weekly collection.
The City of Red Wing will continue to offer Roll-Off & Dumpster service for garbage & yard waste disposal per the City’s current Fee Schedule to residents and businesses. If you would like to arrange for these services, please call 651-385-3658. Services will be provided on a first come first serve basis and will be dependent upon availability. Questions about the City’s Solid Waste Services can be directed to 651-385-3658.
City Council meetings are continuing to happen with revised guidelines for safety on the second and fourth Mondays of the month at 6PM at City Hall. In keeping with our current practice, City Council meetings will continue to be shown live on Channel 6 and also taped and available for you to see anytime. To view a meeting live, just watch Channel 6 on your TV or on any device through our website (www.red-wing.org and click "Watch Channel 6"). To view a meeting anytime afterwards, go to the City website and click "Agendas and Meetings," scroll down to "Available Archives," then click the "Video" button on the far right-hand side of your screen and you're ready to watch. If you have a question and don't know who to ask, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emergency Food Response
The Red Wing Area Food Shelf is putting plans in place to handle an increased need due to many people being laid off because of COVID-19. They are asking for monetary and food donations. Food Donations Needed include: Bread, Cereal, Peanut Butter, Jelly, Spaghetti Sauce & Noodles, Mac & Cheese, and Canned Vegetables. These donations can be dropped off on Wednesdays 9AM-3PM at the Youth Outreach Office, 410 Guernsey Lane in the Drop box by the door.
The Red Wing Area Food Shelf is also in need of monetary donations and volunteers. For questions or to volunteer, you can email email@example.com. The Food Shelf is open to the public Tuesdays & Thursdays, 4-6PM and Fridays 11AM-1PM and is located at 1755 Old West Main in Red Wing.
MN/WI Bridge Project
Work on the bridge project continues. Keep up to date by checking their Facebook page www.facebook.com/RedWingBridgeProject/. Learn more about the project at MnDOT’s project website www.dot.state.mn.us/d6/projects/redwing-bridge/.
Take2 Red Wing Shoe Manufacturing video
Click the link below to see all of the videos in the series
The Red Wing Area Chamber of Commerce teamed up with the Red Wing Area Manufacturers Association, ADM, Neufeldt Industrial Services, McCord Executive Search, LLC, Red Wing Port Authority and SCS Elevator Products Inc. to sponsor this project featuring 11 local manufacturers produced by PromoVideo. These informative 2 minute videos tell the stories of these local companies and show how their products are produced, marketed, sold and distributed. Thank you to the companies that cooperated with us and are featured in these videos.
Looking for more information about Red Wing? Visit this community landing page for more information www.redwinginfo.com