As a Maintenance Technician you will be responsible for the maintenance of all plant systems, which will include facilities, unloading, processing, packing and warehouse operations. You will troubleshoot and repair both mechanical and electrical equipment. Working in a safe manner at all times, you will play a major role in machine reliability and process improvements across the plant. Our maintenance work includes both predictive and preventative maintenance.
This position has a starting salary of $33.05 per hour.
As a Maintenance Technician B you will be eligible for the Nestlé 401K Savings Plan with company-matched contributions (up to a limit) to help you save for retirement. You may be eligible for a retirement pension benefit. Purina offers earned vacation, sick, and personal time for you to use throughout the year.
- Maintenance of plant systems: mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and instrumentation.
- Electrical work with 120, 220, and 480 volt.
- Troubleshoot electrical controls systems including motors and PLCs.
- Use test equipment such as multimeters, megohmmeters, and process simulators.
- Repair gear reducers, belt and screw conveyors, chain elevators, and packaging equipment.
- Maintain wastewater system, boiler operations, cooling towers, and general building needs.
- Complete predictive maintenance such as vibration analysis and oil sample collection.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED and 1+ years’ maintenance experience in a manufacturing, technical, warehouse, industrial, military, or related environment
- Vocational certificate in Mechatronics
- 2 year technical degree completed.
- Must be open to all shifts
Maintenance Technician B has a starting salary of $33.05 an hour. The pay progression plan follows: Maintenance Technician A $35.05, Maintenance Technician A+ $37.70. When you choose a career at Nestlé Purina PetCare Company (Purina), you may gain access to a variety of valuable benefits you can elect for yourself or family. When you elect your benefits, you and Purina partner together to manage costs for medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and accidental death and dismemberment, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage. You may also choose to set aside tax-free money by electing one of three Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) or a Health Spending Account (HSA) to best meet your and your family’s needs. We also offer other benefits such as an extensive Parental Support Policy, providing 26 weeks of leave, the first 18 weeks at 100% pay for the primary care giver of a newborn child under six months of age, and adoption assistance.
Nestlé offers performance-based incentives and a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k with company match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Incentives and/or benefit packages may vary depending on the position. Learn more at About Us | Nestlé Careers (nestlejobs.com).